Sunday 16 September 2012

See, I told you I was ill...

So, hello again. I know, I know. It's been a while. More than a while. It's been aaaaaaages. (Here come the excuses) I've had a bit of a rubbish year. Since my last post, I've been quite poorly. I fell ill last November and nobody knew what it was, then they figured it out and I spent a month in hospital, then I was off work for four months. I've had some of my insides removed, lost a third of my body weight, yada yada yada. Let's just say it hasn't been very fun, and I haven't felt at all like writing. But now I'm better (yippee!) - I mean, I still have to go to the hospital every week for infusions. My body has stopped making some important things, which have to be replaced intraveneously (I think I've just made that word up!) and I'm really struggling to put on weight (which you think would be fun, but it really isn't). But apart from all that, I'm getting my sparkle back and I've started writing again. Not loads, but you know, bits. And I'm going to start blogging again. Regularly. If you don't see me on here at least once a week, feel free to shout at me. Being ill has its good points (guilt-free naps, cake for breakfast etc) and has also made me realise how much I want to do this. So I'm going to. So there. Watch this space...

3 comments:

Rebecca Alexander said...

I'm really sorry you've been ill but very glad to see you back here! Long may the recovery continue...

Unknown said...

I'll be checking for updates young lady.

the bijou raconteur said...

Thanks! It's nice to be back xx

...oh and Mark, I think you should also spend some time playing songpop. Not that I'm addicted, I'm just sayin'... x