Monday 4 January 2010

New Year, Old Resolutions (with a slightly more practical twist)

So let me just start off with a small confession. I haven't written 100,000 words. In fact, I have barely written any words at all. I have, however, eaten a lot of food and learnt how to make kick-ass key lime pie.

But all that is so last year.

This year, my resolutions (which its taken me a couple of days to formulate properly) are (in no particular order)...

  • to enter one competition/send off one submission a month
  • to spend an hour a day on the "big story"
  • to walk home from work a couple of times a week and go on the wii fit
  • to write more original stories for the blog
  • to update said blog more regularly
  • to try all manner of unusual and creative things in a bid to get paid actual money for my writing in the hopes that one day, some day, I may be able to make a career out of it
So my first submission needs to be in by the 15th Jan and is on the subject of "Heaven". When I told the boyf how I had interpreted this, he accused me of being morbid. Morbid? Moi? I don't want to give too much away, let me just say that it is very much focussed on the being dead part of getting to heaven, and how people get dead. I am very happy with it.

After that, I have another submission on the 25th Jan. One of which is an old story that possibly needs a little tweak, the other needs one final big sit down re-write but is almost there. So thats two competitions, in my first month! And I have February's planned too. And I have spent some time on the big story today (which, for the record, I am no longer counting in words. I am now counting in double-spaced passable first draft pages, of which I have seventy five. I mean, this is the kind of shit I could print and not cry over, its happy days), and now I am updating the blog. So nah nah nah New Years Resolutions, I am getting there!

In other news, Saturday is psychic night at Bijou Towers where the girls come over to drink wine and eat buffet food and a psychic comes over and we take turns to go down to the spare bedroom and pick stones and have our secrets relayed to us by our dead relatives. It promises to be F.U.N.

And on that note, I am off. Got to go and have a tidy round and pick out my outfit for work tomorrow so I can have an extra five minutes in bed in the morning. Boo real life, boo to you.

No comments: